Hi! Thanks Brittany for having me here today! Let me introduce myself to your readers who don't know me. I am the author of DearCreatives.com Creativity, Crafting & Inspired Living my real name is Theresa. I am an artist & crafter. I share things I make & that inspire me, deals to be thrifty so I (you) can have more $ in your pocket for crafting. I also share recipes & love baking. Of course I share the mom stuff now and then, what I am currently working on & occasionally reviews...Today I am going to share how easy it is to make Cards or in this case Halloween cards. Its the perfect time to go to your hobby store & grab some card stock or designer paper pack (usually sales are on right now) & get started. You really don't need that many supplies to make cards when you are getting started! Everyone loves getting snail mail now & again! or give them to your favorite Trick or Treater s as a prize!
Lets get started!
- scissors & or paper cutting scissors
- seasonal 12 x 12 card stock or paper pack ( Martha Stewart Paper Pack double sided *on clearance! )
- ribbon (black, orange, white.... .50 on clearance!)
- glue stick (that dries clear)
- stickers or scrapbook items*
- Paper cutter
- adhesive dots
- scallop die cutter press (or any shape- or paper edger-shape scissors)
- rubber stamp (.60 on clearance)
- 1 sheet cream or other plain light color card stock for stamping
- bone folder
- black ink stamp (or any ink stamp-acid free)
- *stickers ( I used Carnival Round by Martha Stewart *on clearance!)
2) If you don't have a paper cutter you can mark your size lines with a ruler & cut out your card. Other wise cut your paper with the slicer making sure the edges are against the base evenly for a straight line to the size you like. I made some small & some larger but a good size is 4 x 6" & 5 x 7" ( if using a certain size envelopes for mailing make sure size is appropriate)
3) Fold card in half use a bone folder on its edge & then flatten across ( an un-sharpened pencil or Popsicle stick could work too)
4) Cut ribbons & place decoratively, trimming edges equal to card can be done after it is glued (scissors must be sharp) & I placed a sticker over the center ribbon on mine
5) For the inside I used a plain cream card stock I had on hand 1. cut the shape 2. stamped the cut out 3. glued in place to inside of card. I also cut out words from one of the 12 x 12 pages & glued them to the inside.
Get creative! I know I am going to make some that say "Cutest", "Scariest", "Costume of the Night"... & Pass them out! This project can be done with left over scrap booking items, Halloween papers or find sale items (mine came to under $10 on sale & I will have plenty left over for next year or to make a Halloween scrap book for Sammie's photos! It doesn't have to be costly! Watch for sales to get tools you would like to invest in & keep them in a safe place.
I hope you enjoyed this easy to make Halloween card s tutorial & that you'll drop by for a visit anytime to see all the other crafts & projects I create & share! I am going to make a post of my favorite tools & share them with you & also share how to create some great digital cards! So drop by soon!
- DearCreatives.com ( Just drop by anytime to find out more about me & my site via drop down bar)
- Twitter @DearCreatives
- Like DearCreatives Facebook
- TheresaHuse.com (portfolio & new art journal)
Be sure to comment when you visit or follow so I can do the same! Thanks for having me as a guest Brittany!
Have you ever made cards before?